уторак, 22. јануар 2013.

Building Basics: Phrase Base - III&IV Phrase List


Let's do today's practice.. Here are the second part of phrases formed by the words of The Dolch List 220.
  • Say them out loud
  • Practice with pronunciation
  • Try to speed up
  • Make a list of some useful phrases and put it in your Phrase Book

after             Read your book after school.
again            Did you watch the movie again?
an                 I saw an elephant at the zoo.
any               I didn’t see any whales.
ask                Did you ask the teacher?
as                  I am as quiet as a mouse.
by                 Sit by your friend.
could             I wish I could play outside.

every             I like every book on the shelf.
fly                  The bird will fly to the nest.    
from               I got a dime from my mom.
give                Give Tommy his paper.
going              I am going to see a movie.
had                 I had a great time.
has                  She has a folder on her desk.
her                 That belongs to her.

him                 I watched him play baseball.
his                  He hung his coat on a hook.
how                How did you do that?
just                 I just got home.
know              I know how to sing.
let                   Please let her use your crayon.
live                 I live in Cresco.
may               You may go play.

of                   I had a lot of fun.
old                 My sneakers are old.
once               Stop talking at once!
open               Leave the door open.
over                Can you come over to my house?
put                  I will put the book on the shelf.
round              The ball is round.
some               Can I have some?

stop                 It is time to stop.
take                 I will take my folder home.
thank              Thank you for helping me.
them               That ball belongs to them.
then                I will eat lunch and then go play.
think               I think it is your turn.
walk                Let’s go for a walk.
were               They were having a good time.
when               When are we leaving?

always             I always raise my hand.
around            Walk around the school.
because           I like school because it is fun.
been                It has been raining for two days.
before            Wash your hands before you eat.
best                That was the best time I ever had.
both               We both went for a walk.
call                 Please call me on the phone.

cold                   It was cold last night.
does                  She does a good job.
don’t                 Don’t cut in line.
fast                    He is fast.
first                  First grade is great!
five                  A nickel is worth five cents.
found               I found my scissors in my desk.
gave                 My mom gave me a snack.

goes                 She goes to kindergarten.
green               The grass is green.
its                    The skunk lifts its tail.
made                I made my bed.
many              How many pets do you have?
off                   Turn off the light.
or                    Do you like chocolate or vanilla?
pull                 The horse will pull the carriage.

read                Which book shall I read?
right                That is the right answer.
sing                 Let’s sing a song.
sit                    Please sit down.
sleep               The baby will sleep in the crib.
tell                  Did you tell your dad?
their                The family got in their car.
these               Do these books belong to you?

those           Put those books on the desk.
upon            Once upon a time there was a frog.
us                Read us a story.
use              Please use an inside voice.
very            I am very tired.
wash           I will wash the dishes.
which          Which one is yours?
why             Why did you leave?

wish          I wish it was time to go home.
work         Finish your work.
would       What would you like for dinner?
write         Did you write in your journal?
your          I saw your teacher in the hall.


about         I learned about Thanksgiving.
better        Do you feel better?
bring          I will bring my paper home.
carry         Carry the groceries to the car.
clean         Clean up your mess.
cut             I cut my finger.
done           I am done with my work.
draw           He will draw a picture.

drink           Get a drink from the fountain.
eight            She is eight years old.
fall              Don’t fall off the jungle gym.
far               How far away is it?
full             The basket is full of apples.
got              He got sick.
grow           The seed will grow into a plant.
hold             Hold onto the railing.

if                  I will be happy if you play.
keep             Keep up the good work!
kind              Be kind to others.
laugh           I heard them laugh at the joke.
light            Turn on the light.
long             Her hair is long.
much           How much does that cost?

myself            I hurt myself.
never              I’ve never been to Disney World.
only                I only read two pages.
own                Use your own pencil.
pick                Pick a name from the hat.
seven              I am going to be seven years old.
shall                What shall I wear?
show                I will show you the picture.

six                  There are six kids on the swings.
small              My shoes are too small.
start                School will start soon.
ten                  I have ten fingers.
today              We have gym class today.
together          Let’s play together.
try                  Please try to be quiet.
warm             The soup is warm

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар